cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Releases
Date Sun, 22 May 2005 11:30:06 GMT
Sometime ago we started on drafting a versioning policy

http://cocoon.apache.org/versioning.html

but that didn't find much interest :(

So, whatever we write down/decide as a policy, you need committers doing
some work and trying to push that. Projects like Eclipse have a far
better grounding as there are many people paid full time to get Eclipse
out of the door; and this of course enables the project to build a
timeline with a roadmap. And not only to create a roadmap but also to
follow it. If you're "just" volunteer based, like most os projects in
fact are, including Cocoon, this will imho never really work.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/