cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [RT] Micro kernel based Cocoon
Date Sun, 22 May 2005 11:14:27 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
<snip/>
> I tried to find any starters for eclipse's OSGi implementation. Not a
> single useful page. If we are to make users read OSGi specification,
> then seek for help in external projects that are hardly documented we
> get the same problem in a fancy new outfit.

OSGi is a standard, so you don't need to depend on Eclipse's rather
scattered OSGi docu. You can read overviews and download the standard
from http://www.osgi.org/osgi_technology/index.asp?section=2. You can
find online tutorials and API docu at http://www.knopflerfish.org/,
http://oscar.objectweb.org/ and certainly other places. You can meet
OSGi developers at http://www.osgicongress.com/. You can by comersial
implementations, hopefully with docu from a number of companies:
http://www.osgi.org/products/certification.asp?section=3. You can get
traning: http://www.osgi.org/osgi_technology/osgi_training.asp?section=2.

And there are a fair number of Eclipse plugin developers and embeded
system developers who have experience with the framework.

It's rather far away from Avalon docu status.

/Daniel