cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: Streaming strings in JXTemplate
Date Sat, 21 May 2005 09:05:50 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Ugo Cei wrote:
>
>> Il giorno 12/mag/05, alle 14:08, Leszek Gawron ha scritto:
>>
>>> what do we do with
>>> <jx:out value="<root><tag>broken</mispelledtag></root>"
parse="xml"/>

>>> 2. parse to DOM, catch exceptions, use @lenient to throw or silently
>>> omit.
>>

>> Either 1 or give users a choice. Defaulting to DOM might be too
>> resource-intensive.
>

> ... especially since we have compressed xml serializer *and* sax buffer
> as alternatives.

The main reason for using DOM in some cases (chosen by user at runtime)
is the ability to avoid SAXException. SaxBuffer does not offer such
functionality as it just stores sax bits and does not check if xml is
well formed.