cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: svn commit: r170733 - /cocoon/blocks/unsupported/template/trunk/java/org/apache/cocoon/template/instruction/Set.java
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 12:17:39 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Daniel or Leszek, could you review this please. (I have tried to run the
> Unit test suite but was overwhelmed by the output) Thanks!
The fix looks correct.

I found out now that jx:set is "hacking ready". Instead of doing
<jx:set name="cformsDummy" value="generateSaxContent()"/>

you can do:
<jx:set value="generateSaxContent()"/>
and the instruction won't even try to register the result in expression
context:

if (this.var != null) {
     var = this.var.getStringValue(expressionContext);
}
[...]
if (var != null) {
     expressionContext.put(var, value);
}

No more "cformsDummy" in jx:macros. This should also speed things up a
little bit. Care to check it?