cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE RESULTS] CForms instruction set for jxtg rendering vs. jx-macros.xml file
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 06:40:00 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:

>> I have refactored JXTG recently so now instructions like jx:for,
>> jx:if are defined in separate file:
>> src/block/template/java/org/apache/cocoon/template/template-instructions.xml
>>

>> Right now we are rendering forms in jxtg using a macro file which is
>> kind of ugly IMO - see yourself:
>> src/blocks/forms/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/generation/jx-macros.xml
>>
>> I could fairly easily reimplement jx-macros.xml into more elegant
>> java solution by implementing a separate set of instructions like
>> ft:widget, ft:repeater and so on. If you let me of course.
>>
>> I do not want to start a tag library war. If cforms and jxtg are core
>> features they should closely support each other.
>>
>> This is NOT the case of allowing arbitrary instruction sets to be
>> created. CForms case only.
>>
>> Plase cast your votes:
>> [ ] Yes go for it.
>
> 2 in favour: me and Upayavira
>
>> [ ] It's a bad idea - leave jx-macros.xml untouched!
>> [ ] It's not jx-macros.xml fault. CForms should be changed if current
>>     solution isn't right.
>
> 2 in favour: Daniel and Vadim
>
> So what now?

Hmm... thought I had expressed myself on this...

Yes, go for it, but leave the current jx-macros.xml file so that both
implementation can live together for a while.

As mentioned by Daniel, I'm planning some refactoring of the CForms API
to make it more script-friendly, but this doesn't change the fact that
CForms template language will still have to be implemented somehow.

Sylvain