cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Speed of jx-macros compared to FormsTransformer
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 05:30:25 GMT

checkout http://people.apache.org/~reinhard/jx_profiling/ and
http://people.apache.org/~reinhard/jx_profiling/jx_macro_nostyle_template_packages.html.
(--> see http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=111637652800527&w=2)

>> We could always rewrite jx-macros.xml to Java which will fix
>> performace problems for CForms (eliminating slow macro code and lots
>> of reflection). Still there is no consensus about that issue and we
>> still have a problem with other macros.
>

> We should start by optimizing JXTG.

My first choice would be ├│ptimizing JXTG. If this isn't successful because
external libraries are the problem, we can think of rewriting jx-macro.xml

--
Reinhard P├Âtz           Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc