cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Speed of jx-macros compared to FormsTransformer
Date Mon, 16 May 2005 13:50:38 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>>
>>> Template:
>>>  <ft:repeater-widget id="items">
>>>    <input type="radio" name="selected-row"
>>> value="${repeaterLoop.index}"/>
>>>  </ft:repeater-widget>
>>

>> I don't think this will work in the template, does
>> FormTemplateTransformer supports this?
>

> Ah no, forgot to say: this requires to use JXTemplate and the
> forms-template-as-jx-macros.

Today I've run some load tests that compare Cocoon Forms using jx-macros and the
FormsTransformer. The transformer is *considerably* faster (~ factor of 3!) than
the macros and the higher the load the better for the transformer.

Is there any special reason for this? Any chance to speed up JX?
(If somebody wants to run the tests himself, he can find them in
trunk\tools\jmeter\CocoonForms_JXTemplate.jmx)

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc