cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] POJOfied Environment
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 07:18:53 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

>>How above Request interface additions will relate to methods already
>>added to 2.2 interface:
>>
>>    Object getAttribute(String name, int scope);
>>    Object searchAttribute(String name);
>>    Enumeration getAttributeNames(int scope);
>>    void setAttribute(String name, Object o, int scope);
>>    void removeAttribute(String name, int scope);
>>
>>Can any of those be renamed / reworked to be consistent with the
>>proposed additions? As we had no single 2.2 release yet, it's good time
>>to review those additions.
>

> I don't know why we need differnt scopes, maybe Carsten can comment.

The discussion about scoped attributes is here:

Basically, in 2.1.x the request attributes are shared between the global
request and all its internal requests. So internal requests can
overwrite attributes of the global request or of some parallel internal
ones. And this can lead to very interesting results. So, scoped
attributes are a way to solve this problewm.

I recently added the searchAttribute() method that first looks in the
local scope and then in the global scope for an attribute.

I agree with Vadim, that we somehow should consider these things as well.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/