cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [Vote] POJOfied Environment
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 20:28:48 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>
>> More specifically I propose is that we extend
>> o.a.c.environment.Request with:
>>
>>  Map getAttributes();
>>  Map getParameters();
>>  Map getHeaders();
>
> What about cookies? (There is Map getCookieMap() but naming convention
> is different).

It would be natural to add Map getCookies() and deprecate Map
getCookieMap().

>> and o.a.c.environment.Session and o.a.c.environment.Context with:
>>
>>  Map getAttributes();
>
> What about Session interface?

Yes, what about it ;) I proposed to add Map getAttributes() to it above,
is there anything else that should be done?

> Is there any cruft accumulated in there which can be deprecated? (like
> getCookieMap?).

See above.

> How above Request interface additions will relate to methods already
> added to 2.2 interface:
>
>     Object getAttribute(String name, int scope);
>     Object searchAttribute(String name);
>     Enumeration getAttributeNames(int scope);
>     void setAttribute(String name, Object o, int scope);
>     void removeAttribute(String name, int scope);
>
> Can any of those be renamed / reworked to be consistent with the
> proposed additions? As we had no single 2.2 release yet, it's good time
> to review those additions.

I don't know why we need differnt scopes, maybe Carsten can comment.

>> [+1] Go ahead and implement the environment extensions proposed above.
>
> Please take above into account as well - I don't want to end up with too
> porky interface.

Neither do I. What are your opinions about the above questions?

/Daniel