cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <>
Subject Re: [Vote] POJOfied Environment
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 19:41:45 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> More specifically I propose is that we extend o.a.c.environment.Request
> with:
>  Map getAttributes();
>  Map getParameters();
>  Map getHeaders();

What about cookies? (There is Map getCookieMap() but naming convention is

> and o.a.c.environment.Session and o.a.c.environment.Context with:
>  Map getAttributes();

What about Session interface?

Is there any cruft accumulated in there which can be deprecated? (like

How above Request interface additions will relate to methods already added to
2.2 interface:

     Object getAttribute(String name, int scope);
     Object searchAttribute(String name);
     Enumeration getAttributeNames(int scope);
     void setAttribute(String name, Object o, int scope);
     void removeAttribute(String name, int scope);

Can any of those be renamed / reworked to be consistent with the proposed
additions? As we had no single 2.2 release yet, it's good time to review those

> [+1] Go ahead and implement the environment extensions proposed above.

Please take above into account as well - I don't want to end up with too porky

View raw message