cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheCon / Hackathon / Blockathon
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 19:16:29 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Maybe we should talk about our goals for the Blockathon first. From my POV these
> are:
>
>   - What's a block?
>   - What's Cocoon core?
>   - How to implement real blocks? Consider different alternatives like
>     Eclipse OSGi implementation, Pier's kernel, etc. talk about the pros and
>     cons.
>   - Look at our code base and find ways how to do it
>
> It was my impression too that we were aiming for a full Sunday but I think that
> many of us are not too enthusiastic about it because this would mean travelling
> on Saturday. So maybe we can find a compromise and start the blockathon on
> Sunday evening (e.g. at 6pm) and work on the first two questions.

+1

> If we are more than let's say 5 people we should try to get a seminar room in a
> hotel so that we have a flip chart and maybe a beamer. (Will anybody stay in a
> seminar hotel?)
It's not 100% clear which hotel will be reserved for the speakers.
Chances are that it will be the Maritim.

> If we are less than 5 people we don't have to prepare anything and only find a
> place (restaurant, pub, ...) where we can talk undisturbed.
>
> WDOT?

+1

I will definitly arrive on Sunday - my current plans are to arrive after
lunch. (But I could arrive sooner if we wanted to meet earlier)

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/