cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CForms] having more control over showing/processing a form
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 17:03:48 GMT
Bart Molenkamp wrote:

>Well, I still have a little problem. Your solution works fine, as long
>as I add submit widgets to the form definition. This works fine for many
>case for me, but I still have a case where this isn't a solution.
>
>I have a form, and on that form there are two date fields, and an update
>action. Every time the user clicks on the update button, a query occurs
>in the database and each result is presented as a hyperlink. Clicking on
>that link will show all the details for that database record. I can't
>make submit widgets for every record available, so the solution you
>proposed won't work in this case.

You can use a single <fd:submit id="show-details" validate="false"/> and
an additional non-widget "detail-id" request parameter.

The links should be
"(submit-url)?form_submit_id=show-details&detail-id=1234"

And the flowscript:

  form.showForm("pipeline");
  if (form.submitId == "show-details") {
    showDetails(cocoon.request.getParameter("detail-id"));
  }

Sylvain