cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Expert pre-defined/community post-defined? [WAS: Community health]
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 15:21:51 GMT
Mark Leicester wrote:

> I think you are right, I probably have dismissed the "existing stuff" a
> bit early. In that case, I pledge to keep in touch with the current
> effort. I certainly value ongoing dialogue. However, I wonder out loud:
> should we be putting documentation behind the barrier of committership
> at all? I'm a community post-defined kind of person.

Finally some real issue.

Yes, I agree with you: code commits and docs commits are separate
things. The HTTPD project already contains this notion of separate
committership. I would be in *TOTAL* favor of giving docs committership
to a separate SVN module a lot faster.

But it's also true that editing xml files in a svn repository sucks as
an editing tool. Using wiki (or daisy or other solutions) is much better.

I like the notion of

  daisy -> forrest -> out

makes very good sense.

Now we just need to find a way to automate a little that workflow, but
without introducing security vulnerabilities.

> As I said above, over the next few weeks I'll attempt to demonstrate
> what I imagine to be the myriad of potential benefits of the Drupal
> approach.

Great.

--
Stefano.