cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Expert pre-defined/community post-defined? [WAS: Community health]
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 15:06:04 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> On 12 May 2005, at 15:56, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> - inline WYSIWYS (what you see is what you structure, i.e. htmlarea
>> or something similar, but no wiki or XML syntax)
>

> Check.
>
>> - version management, so that validated content can be published on
>> cocoon.apache.org while newer versions are being written
>

> Check (support for branches in 1.3M1)
>
>> - tagging, to produce the classification of docs and ease navigation
>

> There's support for multi-valued fields coming up in the next release.
> You can embed queries in the navigation tree since 1.0.
>
>> - some management tools allowing to quickly see what has changed and
>> needs to be validated.
>

> Don't fully understand, though I guess "notification mails" and
> "recent changes" and "query language" should cover this adequately.

Such management tools should allow people that have the responsibility
to validate and publish content on the website to quickly grasp the job
they have to do. For example, I may want to have a quick look at all
changed documents that have the "forms" "flowscript" or "sitemap" tags,
without having to scroll through all the tags. Or also notification
emails or RSS feeds to track changes to such tags.

What I'm seeking for is tools that make writing docs really easy. If the
process to perform a task for which you don't have a high motivation is
too heavy, then you simply don't do that task. If the tools make this
easy and notify you (in whatever form) of what you have or should do,
then there's a higher chance that you will do it.

Well, I guess I'm describing something named... is it CMS? ;-P

Sylvain