cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: Expert pre-defined/community post-defined? [WAS: Community health]
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 14:36:51 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> On 12 May 2005, at 15:56, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> - inline WYSIWYS (what you see is what you structure, i.e. htmlarea or
>> something similar, but no wiki or XML syntax)
>

> Check.
>
>> - version management, so that validated content can be published on
>> cocoon.apache.org while newer versions are being written
>

> Check (support for branches in 1.3M1)
>
>> - tagging, to produce the classification of docs and ease navigation
>
> There's support for multi-valued fields coming up in the next release.
> You can embed queries in the navigation tree since 1.0.
>
>> - some management tools allowing to quickly see what has changed and
>> needs to be validated.
>
> Don't fully understand, though I guess "notification mails" and "recent
> changes" and "query language" should cover this adequately.

To validate whether a document should be published, i.e. to review it,
which involves clearly seeing what the author changed.

> Again, I'm not pushing, nor offering to run it on our own hardware. Not
> that I don't want to administer or help out. Just that I don't want this
> to be a solo job.

ASF infra are just getting solaris zones up and running. Shouldn't be
long before we can have one of those for ourselves. Also, there is a new
discussion about site publishing ASF-wide that this could fit into -
whatever we chose to base our system on daisy, drupal, zope, or xml files.

Regards, Upayavira