cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Community health
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 06:42:22 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le 12 mai 05, à 06:33, Sebastien Arbogast a écrit :
>
>> ...FYI we have already come up with 13 very interesting ideas about a
>> potention new common documentation effort for Cocoon..
>

> Would you guys be able to at least try writing/reorganizing some docs in
> the current system [1] before inventing
> yet-another-potentially-doomed-new-tool?
>
> Excuse the tone and don't get me wrong, I'm trying to be constructive:
> building on the work of others might get you to destination earlier.
>
> My impression is that you've dismissed the existing stuff a bit early
> without really trying it.  Writing/reorganizing docs is really easy with
> the 2.2 docs system, and if non-commitership is a problem there's
> certainly a way to solve it.
>
> Let us know if you have any questions or specific problems about how to
> write docs for the 2.2 trunk.
>
> -Bertrand
>
> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/22NewDocumentsGeneration

thanks Bertrand and ...

I have ignored this thread so far as every 6 months or so somebody starts it and
  then dozens of mails are written and nothing changes. IMHO you should use your
time (yes writing mails is time consuming!) and work on the docs if you consider
them as the problem. This would be much more helpful. (At least something
happens in the wiki, thanks!)

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc