cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheCon / Hackathon / Blockathon
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 05:42:29 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:
>>Ok, I just got a confirmation from Frank - no chance for sunday; we have
>>to organize it ourselves.
>

> Thanks for double-checking!
>
>>Now the question is, do we really want to meet on Sunday? Or isn't
>>Monday/Tuesday enough? I could imagine that some of us are arriving
>>later on Sunday anyway.
>

> Well... if people are arriving on Sunday there is probably no point
> making that effort. I thought we were aiming for a full day on Sunday.
>
> Are we - or are we not?

Maybe we should talk about our goals for the Blockathon first. From my POV these
are:

  - What's a block?
  - What's Cocoon core?
  - How to implement real blocks? Consider different alternatives like
    Eclipse OSGi implementation, Pier's kernel, etc. talk about the pros and
    cons.
  - Look at our code base and find ways how to do it

It was my impression too that we were aiming for a full Sunday but I think that
many of us are not too enthusiastic about it because this would mean travelling
on Saturday. So maybe we can find a compromise and start the blockathon on
Sunday evening (e.g. at 6pm) and work on the first two questions.

If we are more than let's say 5 people we should try to get a seminar room in a
hotel so that we have a flip chart and maybe a beamer. (Will anybody stay in a
seminar hotel?)
If we are less than 5 people we don't have to prepare anything and only find a
place (restaurant, pub, ...) where we can talk undisturbed.

WDOT?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc