cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject [VOTE] CForms instruction set for jxtg rendering vs. jx-macros.xml file
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 14:00:37 GMT
I have refactored JXTG recently so now instructions like jx:for, jx:if
are defined in separate file:
src/block/template/java/org/apache/cocoon/template/template-instructions.xml

Right now we are rendering forms in jxtg using a macro file which is
kind of ugly IMO - see yourself:
src/blocks/forms/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/generation/jx-macros.xml

I could fairly easily reimplement jx-macros.xml into more elegant java
solution by implementing a separate set of instructions like ft:widget,
ft:repeater and so on. If you let me of course.

I do not want to start a tag library war. If cforms and jxtg are core
features they should closely support each other.

This is NOT the case of allowing arbitrary instruction sets to be
created. CForms case only.

Plase cast your votes:
[ ] Yes go for it.
[ ] It's a bad idea - leave jx-macros.xml untouched!
[ ] It's not jx-macros.xml fault. CForms should be changed if current
     solution isn't right.