cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: #{$cocoon/request/request/protocol}
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 15:38:27 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> Leszek Gawron wrote:
>>
>>> I know now why #{$cocoon/request/protocol} does not work for JXPath
>>> in JXTG.
>>

>> [assuming that we are talking here about Cocoon 2.2 template block]
>>

>>> Thing is FOM_Request is not "JXPath friendly". JXPath is querying for
>>> all FOM_Request properties and finds none.
>>

>> Why FOM_Request is in jxtg? I though this has already been refactored
>> to use flow independent accessor.
>>

>>> if you add public Request getRequest() to FOM_Request then you are
>>> able to do #{$cocoon/request/request/protocol} and it works.
>>

>> Yuck! Don't even think about it!
>
> Of course. I just wanted to show what change makes a difference...
>
>>> What should I do to make it work?
>>> Do we go with FOM_RequestJXPathBeanInfo and provide our own
>>> introspector?
>>> What do we really need FOM_Request for if the API has been unrestricted?
>>

>> Why FOM_Request is in jx in the first place? I understand why it is in
>> old jxtg in Cocoon 2.1, but new version should be flow independent.
>
> for that we have to ask Daniel as he was the one to introduce it in
> TemplateObjectModelHelper revision 159059: "Using FOM wrappers for
> request session and context, to get the same behaviour as in the
> original JXTG."
>
> We should revert it IMO and fix inconsistencies other way.

AAHA! remember now. On pure o.a.c.environment.Request you cannot do
coocon/request/someParameter (previous syntax) or the better one:
cocoon/request/parameters/someParameter
cocoon/request/attributes/someAttribute

We could provide some kind of request wrapper (do not know how to
emulate getParameters though) or implement RequestJXPathBeanInfo (do not
know how also :))