cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: #{$cocoon/request/request/protocol}
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 15:24:04 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Leszek Gawron wrote:
>
>> I know now why #{$cocoon/request/protocol} does not work for JXPath in
>> JXTG.
>

> [assuming that we are talking here about Cocoon 2.2 template block]
>

>> Thing is FOM_Request is not "JXPath friendly". JXPath is querying for
>> all FOM_Request properties and finds none.
>

> Why FOM_Request is in jxtg? I though this has already been refactored to
> use flow independent accessor.
>

>> if you add public Request getRequest() to FOM_Request then you are
>> able to do #{$cocoon/request/request/protocol} and it works.
>

> Yuck! Don't even think about it!
Of course. I just wanted to show what change makes a difference...

>> What should I do to make it work?
>> Do we go with FOM_RequestJXPathBeanInfo and provide our own introspector?
>> What do we really need FOM_Request for if the API has been unrestricted?
>

> Why FOM_Request is in jx in the first place? I understand why it is in
> old jxtg in Cocoon 2.1, but new version should be flow independent.
for that we have to ask Daniel as he was the one to introduce it in
TemplateObjectModelHelper revision 159059: "Using FOM wrappers for
request session and context, to get the same behaviour as in the
original JXTG."

We should revert it IMO and fix inconsistencies other way.