cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: #{$cocoon/request/request/protocol}
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 15:12:26 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
> I know now why #{$cocoon/request/protocol} does not work for JXPath in
> JXTG.

[assuming that we are talking here about Cocoon 2.2 template block]

> Thing is FOM_Request is not "JXPath friendly". JXPath is querying
> for all FOM_Request properties and finds none.

Why FOM_Request is in jxtg? I though this has already been refactored to use
flow independent accessor.

> if you add public Request getRequest() to FOM_Request then you are able
> to do #{$cocoon/request/request/protocol} and it works.

Yuck! Don't even think about it!

> What should I do to make it work?
> Do we go with FOM_RequestJXPathBeanInfo and provide our own introspector?
> What do we really need FOM_Request for if the API has been unrestricted?

Why FOM_Request is in jx in the first place? I understand why it is in old jxtg
in Cocoon 2.1, but new version should be flow independent.

Vadim