cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r169169 - in /cocoon/blocks/unsupported/template/trunk: java/org/apache/cocoon/template/jxtg/JXTemplateGenerator
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 13:53:13 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
> Sylvain Wallez wrote:

>>> none .. but I thought it is better to use a "store" instead of
>>> explicit "transient store". What I did not know was that when using
>>> Store one had to put only serializable objects in it.

Well it's better to use a store which is more appropriate. If it is faster to
re-create something from original source than load it back from file system
store, it is obvious that transient store is the best.

>> The transient store is meant as a cache for objects that aren't
>> serializable, whereas the regular store has a memory front-end and
>> some persistent filesystem swap, and therefore can only accept
>> serializable objects.
>>

> got that now. I had a crazy idea that regular store can store all
> objects and is able to overflow to disk for those objects which support
> it - serializable.

It's not a crazy idea - that's how it should work. General store must accept any
kind of objects. Default implementation still does work properly. Newer
implementations are buggy. This is mentioned on the "known issues" page.

Vadim