cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Continuation invalidation strategy
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 01:02:55 GMT
> The execution state of a continuation is dependent on it's parent state.

This is true for differential continuation where the
lexical information is split across the child axis.
(Which is currently not the case for javaflow)

> So although we may trash parent webcontinuations (i.e. the enveloppe
> used by the continuation manager), we must ensure that a strong link
> exists with the parent state.

Right - in case only the modifications are kept in a continuation
the continuation tree must be kept complete all the time!

Invalidation would then need to be a flag that needs to be checked
by interpreter or we remove the envelope object and keep only the
parent axis of the actual continuations.

cheers
--
Torsten