cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Managing credits for contributors
Date Sat, 07 May 2005 18:58:55 GMT
An issue that showed up during the vote about removing @author tags was
the necessity to give credits to people that contributed to Cocoon.

Bertrand proposed some ideas about this [1] that more or less match what
we actually do, but we have to ensure though that each and every @author
name exists in status.xml, which is likely not to be the case for old files.

During the vote, Vadim proposed a separated file listing all authors,
which along with a credits page allow to have a coll "Cocoon is a result
of work of xxx developers!" message which I really like :-)

On the other hand, a full author listing means more work because of one
more file to update when we commit a contribution (and the need to avoid
duplicates).

So, what do you think?

Sylvain

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=108089900026744&w=2