cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: Flow Input Modules and sitemap global variable ??
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 22:22:30 GMT
oceatoon wrote:
> Hi devers
>
> I posted this in Users, but with no luck I'm trying the devers.
> Is it possible to call an input module from flow to retreive a value like
> realpath?
> I know I could pass it from the sitemap but it's a bit complicated, because
> this particular variable concerns all my pipelines.
cocoon-core.xconf states:

| InputModules are a replacement to reading values directly
| e.g. from request parameters. By using this abstraction and
| indirection, other components can be more generic and changes
| to the application logic are easier.
|
| A number of components already use InputModules: the sitemap processor,
| flow, some matchers, the linkrewriting transformer, database actions
| and more.

this will lead you to
src/blocks/linkrewriter/java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/LinkRewriterTransformer.java

which in turn reveal that there is a
src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/modules/input/InputModuleHelper.java

> My other question is how can I put the result of a input module into a
> sitemap global variable, because the sitemap takes my {inputmodule:bla} as
> it is, I would like it to evaluate it and set my global var with the
> result.
this does not seem like a good idea. What are you trying to achieve?