cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject CForms: Ajax goodies
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 22:13:16 GMT
Hi all,

I committed a few visual goodies for Ajax-in-CForms, taking inspiration
from the "Yellow Fade Technique" [1] and its "Fade Anything Technique"
variants [2][3].

The purpose it to provide a visual feedback to the user of what parts of
the screen have been changed by highlighting them in some non intrusive
way. I added the fading described below and also a blinker. You can try
all options in the car selector sample, tell me what you think about that.

There's still an issue with Ajax on Safari, as it seems Safari has a
problem with XmlHttpResponses that have no content. And the Ajax
framework sends an empty response with a "continue" header when the form
has been successfully validated, so that the client-side JS can load the
full page that comes after form.showForm().

Sylvain

[1] http://www.37signals.com/svn/archives/000558.php
[2] http://www.axentric.com/posts/default/7
[3] http://www.chapnickman.com/demo/fat/