cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: Infinite loop in new JXTG with CForms samples
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 22:03:28 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:

>> Sylvain Wallez wrote:

>>> LOL! Yes, that's what I understood :-)
>>

>> I have provided an immediate fix to make the examples work. The
>> problem was that jx:forEach begin="sth" end="sth" took "step" variable
>> of value 0 by default.
>
> I am really good .. apart from providing an ugly fix I broke a test
> case  :)
ok ... looks like fixed now .. [1]

In old JXTG this statement
this.step = JXTExpression.compileInt(attrs.getValue("step"), name, locator);

resolved to null if attrs.getValue("step") was null

new JXTG returned an object which caused the problem when evaluating
optional expressions to int - the fact that that attribute was in fact
missing was being lost.

As most of the code was ported unchanged (which means it was already
aware that some JXTExpressions may be null) I reverted the old behaviour
(had to make some things public to do that though).

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?rev=168667&view=rev