cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject [VOTE] Removing author tags
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 21:52:50 GMT
Hi all,

We discussed more that one year ago the removal of @author tags in our
source files (see [1] and [2]) but although the consensus was to remove
them, we never actually did it. Now most if not all new classes added
since then have no @author tag, leading to a strange situation where
"old" authors are named but not newer ones.

So I propose to remove @author tags with people names from all our
source files.

Additionally, if you agree with removing names, do you want source files
to have:
 [ ] no @author tag at all,
 [ ] @author The Cocoon development team
 [ ] @author ..... (something else)

Please cast your votes.

Additionally, non-committers that have contributed significant portions
of code and think they will lose visibility with this removal can make
their voice heard. We will consider updating either the release notes or
the credits file.

Sylvain

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=107783914605693&w=2
[2] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=108089900026744&w=2