cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Removing @author tags
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 21:46:09 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

>>> Fine with me

>>> I did save the @author info in misc/credits/author-tags.txt, see
>>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=108090645721205&w=2
>>>
>>> But IIRC (cannot find the relevant messages), we compressed and/or
>>> moved the file later to avoid having email addresses in CVS commit
>>> messages.
>>>
>>> Anyway an svn export with today's date (or even the 2.1.7 distro)
>>> would later provide all this info in case we need it, so saving tags
>>> to a file before removing them is not needed. Maybe just poll the
>>> lists for authors who think they should be mentioned in the credits
>>> or status file.
>>

>> IMO it's not worth asking again: they had the occasion to raise their
>> hands when we first decided to remove author tags.

>>> Same here.
>>

>> Ok. I'll do the cleanup in the coming days.
>

> I think such a touchy issue might require a little more formal vote to
> be really future-proof.

It seemed clear to me that we made this decision long ago, and that we
just were lazy to actually do the change.

Now I digged the archives and couldn't find a formal vote, but just the
discussion following Dirk's hindsightful explanation [1] and a poll [2].
The general consensus was about removing author tag though.

So let's start a fresh formal vote on this issue.

Sylvain

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=107783914605693&w=2
[2] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=108089900026744&w=2