cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: Continuation invalidation strategy
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 17:03:10 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Leszek Gawron wrote:
>
>> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>>
>>> If I'm right I think of making the ContinuationsManagerImpl
>>> inheritable (currently some protected methods and constructors
>>> prevent this) so that the expiration strategy can be overriden.
>>> comments? objections?
>

> No problem here.
>

>> we should change the default behaviour I think. I do not see a single
>> advantage of this approach (apart from quite straightforward
>> implementation).
>

> Please leave default implementation intact - if you want, make new
> additions configurable.
>
> If you want to tinker with ContinuationsManagerImpl, take a look at:
>   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=111323704203839
Strange I missed that post ..

> Unsynchronized access to WebContinuationsHolder from
> invalidateContinuations() simultaneously with write access in
> generateContinuation() should reliably cause
> ConcurrentModificationException.

I do not quite get the problem. Doesn't it cause
ConcurrentModificationException now?

Other thing is how can invalidateContinuations and generateContinuation
be run concurrently. invalidateContinuations is invoked only for expired
sessions - how can new continuation be generated for that session?