cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r165628 - /cocoon/trunk/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/source/CocoonSourceResolver.java
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 14:26:24 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> Did you merge in the Excalibur code but without implementing ThreadSafe
> or are there more changes?

Upps, yes, that's what I started with and then I changed it to the
correct behaviour. I just added the missing ThreadSafe. Thanks! :)

> I had some problems getting the root context right when working on the
> BlockManager which I solved by redefining the source resolver in the
> block manager's own service manager. So I'm interested in some more
> details about exactly what problem you solved and how.

With 2.2 you can define components on a per sitemap level. This includes
own protocols. If you are doing this and at the same time use components
defined at the "root" of Cocoon (and not in your sitemap), these
components are not able to find your protocol. This is especially
enoying if you use the default sitemap components like the file
generator or xslt transformer as they are defined in the root sitemap.
With my changes, protocols are resolved in the context of the sitemap
where the components are used.

> Components that are both ThreadSafe and Contextualizable can give
> suprising results when defined in a parent manager and used in a
> subsitemap where the context is different :/

Yupp :)

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/