cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Continuation invalidation strategy
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 12:58:46 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>> If I'm right I think of making the ContinuationsManagerImpl
>> inheritable (currently some protected methods and constructors prevent
>> this) so that the expiration strategy can be overriden. comments?
>> objections?

No problem here.

> we should change the default behaviour I think. I do not see a single
> advantage of this approach (apart from quite straightforward
> implementation).

Please leave default implementation intact - if you want, make new additions
configurable.

If you want to tinker with ContinuationsManagerImpl, take a look at:
   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=111323704203839

Unsynchronized access to WebContinuationsHolder from invalidateContinuations()
simultaneously with write access in generateContinuation() should reliably cause
ConcurrentModificationException.

Vadim