cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Continuation invalidation strategy
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 08:05:26 GMT

Today I've had a look at continuation invalidation. I found following code
fragment in the ContinuationManagerImpl:

// REVISIT: This places only the "leaf" nodes in the expirations Sorted Set.
// do we really want to do this?
if (parent.getChildren().size() < 2) {
     expirations.remove(parent);
}

Is it right that this means that only if a leaf continuation expires, the
continuations tree is walked up and parent continuations are checked whether
they have expired?

If you have a long expiration time set, does it mean that the whole! tree is
never checked for invalidation? (If you have a system with hundreds of users
that are logged in that quickly leads to memory problems ...)

If I'm right I think of making the ContinuationsManagerImpl inheritable
(currently some protected methods and constructors prevent this) so that the
expiration strategy can be overriden. comments? objections?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc