cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Pope <benpop...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Right word for docs: cachability or cacheability
Date Sun, 01 May 2005 08:54:39 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found a source that contains both words:
>
> cachability and cacheability I wonder wich one is the right. I guess the
> second is the right word. Please english native speakers tell me wich is
> the right one. In dictionary.com don't contain none of them and googling
> returns hits for both. Only that the first word has less hits than the
> 2nd. If useful, the word context is:
>
> ... this might have issues concerning cachability of the generated output ...

Well I don't think it's a word, although it's obvious what it means.

Perhaps:
"Note that this might prevent the generated output of this transformer
from being cached as the caching algorithm..."

Although that probably isn't what is meant.  It's not the "cachability"
of the output, it can still be cached, but whether the next request
matches whats in the cache.

Perhaps:
"Note that this has implications for the caching of the output of this
transformer as the caching algorithm..."

WDYT?

Ben Pope.