cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Leicester <>
Subject Re: Community health
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 18:20:42 GMT
Hello there,

Sebastien, I think we share the same concerns. I agree that good,
stylish documentation is a great way to grow a community (e.g. I love
Why's Poignant Guide to Ruby at I've
been looking at the efforts that you and Helga have begun over at Have you had much feedback on
your efforts? Are you continuing with the initiative? For my
complementary effort at I've had plenty of
offline messages of support, but I haven't yet been able to get a
dialogue going on the mailing lists about the site's future value. I'll
keep trying!

Stefano, are you saying you /don't/ want me to survey the mailing list
membership? If so, do other people feel that strongly? I can understand
how such a poll might be provocative, but I'm hoping that good would
come of it!

Best regards,

On 11 May 2005, at 17:58, Sebastien Arbogast wrote:

>> Can it be shown that this downward trend is not a result of improving
>> documentation?
> Or maybe it's because the documentation is still so "messy" (I'm sure
> it's going to change with the new effort but it's still the case) that
> more and more people try Cocoon, don't manage to figure it out and
> finally fall back to better documented alternative solutions. At least
> it's the way I personally feel it because I'm convinced that IF the
> objective is to make the community wider, documentation is the key.
> But it's just my personal opinion ;-)
> --
> Sebastien ARBOGAST

View raw message