cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Linden H van der (MI)" <H.vanderLin...@MI.unimaas.nl>
Subject RE: Small CMS on top of the SVN repository
Date Wed, 25 May 2005 13:16:23 GMT
> > Daisy already IS set up: www.cocoondev.org/handbook
> >
> > I now use it for the tutorial only, but I really don't mind if it
> > becomes the (temporary?) home of the entire new documentation.
>
> How does Daisy handle xdocs type documents? Is a conversion
> to daisy's format easy?

My coworker and Daisy expert is out right now, so I can't ask, but my
guess is: xdocs = XML, daisy = XML so with a more or less simple XSL
file any conversion is possible.
I've seen something resembling a bulk import in the Daisy repository, so
that should be possible too.

Steven should be able to answer this. ;-)

OTOH: unless your xdocs documents are valid and fresh I'd suggest to do
the conversion by hand to weed out the old, stale, etc. docs. This part
has to be done anyway and since the Daisy repository is relatively
clean, let's keep it that way and move over only documents that fit the
new system.

BTW If you are referring to your current effort, which is concerned with
a reference guide (do correct me if I'm wrong), I'd suggest that you
wait with the conversion until it is clear what the final setup will be.
Since most of your documents are generated directly from the source,
there is not much manual effort to get the documentation in the ultimate
format.
In my view the Daisy repository is for the user guide type of info.

Bye, Helma