cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Linden H van der (MI)" <H.vanderLin...@MI.unimaas.nl>
Subject RE: Mailing list statistics
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 14:47:52 GMT
> I disagree. Cocoon has been very open in giving committership in the
> past and will continue to be. But the fact is that committers know

True. With "small group" I only mean that the number of committers is
very small, compared to the total number of users on the lists. This is
just a fact, without any values attached.

The advantage of such a small group, and in this community I know for a
fact that most of them know each other personally, is that they know
what they can expect from each other and how to handle "problems"
(ranging from misunderstandings to complete messes in the committed
code). Knowing who's who further helps in this.

OTOH If committership is handed out too easily it is much easier to
modify Cocoon to serve personal purposes rather than try to add
something that can be valuable/useful for the community.

> Is the humble attitude that makes us strong as a community.

When the qualitity of the product/software is more important than the
individual contribution, I suppose it's a healthy attitude, call it
humble or something else.

Bye, Helma