cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Leicester <mark.leices...@efurbishment.com>
Subject Community health
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 10:31:57 GMT
Hello everyone,

I've been looking at various statistical representations of community
activity:
GMANE:
http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel
http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.user

Vadim:
http://people.apache.org/~vgritsenko/stats/projects/cocoon.html

Ken Coar:
http://people.apache.org/~coar/mlists.html#cocoon.apache.org

At a glance it seems the developers' list maintains a fairly steady
flow of traffic. More worrying for me is the downward trend in the
users' list. This is particularly noticeable in gmane's representation:
http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.user

At the risk of sounding like Chicken Licken
(http://www.ongoing-tales.com/SERIALS/oldtime/FAIRYTALES/
chicklicken.html) I think that we ought to investigate this further and
perhaps come up with some new strategies to arrest this fall. This may
include interviewing the user list, asking our subscribers what they
want, what they don't like, their level of expertise, etc.

I want to adopt some community health indicators. Does anyone have any
prior knowledge in this field?

Cheers,
Mark