cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Ezkovich <gez...@cox.net>
Subject Re: Planet Cocoon license and reuse of docs
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 03:33:02 GMT

On May 26, 2005, at 3:05 PM, Linden H van der (MI) wrote:

> Glen and Ross,
>
> Before duplicating my thoughts in similar replies I want to state this
> (replies in random order):
>
> I work in a university department, doing research, so I'm fully aware
> what it takes to go through the process of putting an idea in writing
> until the moment it is accepted for publication (and by that I mean
> the
> final stage where it should be handed in camera-ready).
>
> I do agree with you on that Glen. Reading your explanation made me
> realise I wrote about the CMS as the actor while I meant the persons
> using the functionality of the CMS, which is what you wrote. Sorry
> about
> the confusion, but in essence we meant the same.

I had no doubt. I think its a bit of the academic left in me that
pursues these pseudo arguments hoping to bring a bit of clarity.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

<snip/>

> Re the general TOC: I have started one about a year ago in the
> wiki. The
> idea was NOT that it would be the ultimate TOC but merely a sort of
> catalog of what information is/was available and what is missing. I've
> seen other attempts since then with equally valid separations. I would
> suggest that you Glen, since you offered it, will have a look at
> all of
> them, from a content POV, not tools POV, and either pick the most
> suitable or merge the best from every ideas into something
> workable. As
> Steven has already pointed out: navigation in Daisy can be done/
> ordered
> through queries so anything is possible. And Ross already pointed out
> that in Forrest a new/other kind of navigation is also feasible.

I will do do this. I've seen some stuff on the wiki and I have seen
most mail messages on the subject. If you know of any documents that
I should check out please let me know.

> Yes it will be a giant task and I'm sure it will not be finished by
> those that have started it. The only thing I hope/want to
> accomplish is
> to create enough documentation that it becomes noticed and attracks
> more
> writers.
>
> Let's keep the plan as simple as possible so that the actual writing
> gets the most attention. Besides, plans have a tendency to change, so
> KISS is in order.

Agreed. Enough talk, its time for action. If I've learned one thing
its to plan for change, its inevitable.

> My weekends are horribly crammed with household chores, kids and
> family,
> but I'll see what I can do.

Sounds like every day here. Enjoy the kids and family as they do the
chores. ;-)

Have a good weekend.

Glen Ezkovich
HardBop Consulting