cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: ImageOpReader [ was; Community health]
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 10:07:15 GMT
On Friday 13 May 2005 17:48, Upayavira wrote:
> Does it have the 'don't enlarge' option that is in the current image
> reader? That seems quite sensible to me.

No. But I'll add that to the feature list as well. No biggie at all.

The heavy use of photos in a couple of sites we have done, shows that most
natural resize function we found was the "fit with-in rectangle", which is
what is actually exposed in the URL space (not my call). That is a "site
issue" and nothing to do with the Reader itself, which operates through
parameters.

The "fit with-in" is IMHO the best of "keep-aspect" and "resize-to", since
when dealing with loads of photos, you have no clue of the original sizes,
but you know how much screen real-estate you have available. And the concept
is easy to explain to 'non-geeks'.

Note; Since the reader has not been taken out of Bugzilla, I have not updated
it with these additional features, and only sitting on my local system.

Cheers
Niclas