cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Removing author tags
Date Thu, 05 May 2005 10:19:33 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We discussed more that one year ago the removal of @author tags in our
> source files (see [1] and [2]) but although the consensus was to remove
> them, we never actually did it. Now most if not all new classes added
> since then have no @author tag, leading to a strange situation where
> "old" authors are named but not newer ones.
>
> So I propose to remove @author tags with people names from all our
> source files.

+1

However it cannot be automated. As Antonio reminded us, there
are some files e.g. htmlArea that are not able to be changed.

Don't forget the XML files too.

> Additionally, if you agree with removing names, do you want source files
> to have:
> [+1] no @author tag at all,
> [ ] @author The Cocoon development team
> [ ] @author ..... (something else)
>
> Please cast your votes.
>
> Additionally, non-committers that have contributed significant portions
> of code and think they will lose visibility with this removal can make
> their voice heard. We will consider updating either the release notes or
> the credits file.

One reason that the removal of all authors was delayed
last time, was that we decided that we needed to ensure
that those people were mentioned in status.xml

--David