cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Releasing 2.2 (was: [RT] Micro kernel based Cocoon)
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 05:30:03 GMT
Le 23 mai 05, à 07:13, Reinhard Poetz a écrit :
> ...Let's release "Cocoon 2.2 alpha1" as soon as possible. When the
> contracts are stable we use the "beta" postfix. This will increase the
> number of people who use and test the release and finally we can
> release "Cocoon 2.2.0 final"...

Releasing 2.2 soon would allow us to stop keeping the 2.1 branch in
sync, which is a pain IMHO.

But are there enough visible incentives in 2.2 for people to make the
switch? Do we have cool, exciting samples of the new features?

I'm not sure, and if we haven't, people might just keep on using 2.1,
and the risk is having too much pressure to maintain 2.1 instead of
being able to move on.

-Bertrand