cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Download of jars with Maven ant tasks
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 08:12:18 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> How do artifacts get into the remote Maven respository
> and how are they guaranteed to be the legitimate file?

We don't necessarily have to use Maven's central repository, we can make
our own repository with only the jars that we need and use that. In this
way we would be sure of what we get.

In the long run, it would be beneficial IMHO to help Maven in this
regard, so that it can download jars from the normal Apache artifact
publishing system. This would also have th ebenefit of not duplicating
the jars between repositories (this duplicates downloads).

             - verba volant, scripta manent -