cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Download of jars with Maven ant tasks
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2005 17:12:44 GMT

Some time ago, it was noted that the usage of a jar download and
handling mechanism would greatly help Cocoon, because it makes it easy
to share jars and to download only the ones needed.

Ivy was proposed as a possible solution, but I suggested instead to use
the Maven code, for the sake of not duplicating efforts; unfortunately
at that time it was not ready and the proposal stalled.

Finally, Maven has released tasks that enable Ant builds to use the
artifact handling [1].

Isn't it time that we actually do it? :-)

[1] http://maven.apache.org/maven2/ant-tasks.html

PS:  Please no discussions about Ant sucks, Maven sucks, mine is bigger
than your's.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -