cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: Do we want a GUI installer?
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 13:24:47 GMT

Upayavira wrote:

>> I can see this being useful for first time cocooners.
>>
>> What if the cocoon build switches to maven (as rumoured a few times
>> already)? Can the tool be extended to handle this? Will you need
>> seperate logic to handle the 2.2 block configuration?
>

> If it can be done from Ant, it can be done with this tool. All it does
> is collects properties and delivers them to Ant.

>> Overall, IMO the potential effort of maintaining such a tool isn't
>> worth the benefit.
>

> Maybe. Which is why I was asking!
>
> The effort to maintain for 2.1 is pretty minimal - it would just be a
> single XSLT on gump.xml and a few jars in the repo. For 2.2, well, we'll
> need to see what that is before we can decide!

Well if it's no effort i don't see why it couldn't be added to the next
release as an experiment (pending license issues ofcourse). As long as
you make sure that the users know it's just a toy-experiment and nothing
more there should be no harm.

Actually, will/should Lepido provide anything like this? Any Lepido'ers
care to comment?

Jorg