cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] composition vs. inheritance in blocks
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 07:47:12 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> This means IMO that we have to spend time discussing things even if it
> in the short time horizont and for ones own goals whould have seemed
> more productive to just commit some code.

Or commit two codes in separate branches and see what works best.

OTOMH, all this smells a lot like the Microsoft COM model versus
language features.
It may be beneficial to read things on the Microsoft Component Object
Model, as IIRC it used composition instead of inheritance, with
analogous reasoning.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -