cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Java components in blocks
Date Sun, 17 Apr 2005 17:44:48 GMT
On 17 Apr 2005, at 16:44, Ralph Goers wrote:
> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>
>> My vision is quite simple... How many _COMPONENT_ interfaces we need
>> for Cocoon? Probably 3:
>>
>> "Generator"
>> "Transformer"
>> "Serializer"
>>
>> (well, you might have another 2 or 3 of them but do you see the
>> point?)
>>
> Please take a look at the Portal and then explain how the above works
> for that.  There are a heck of a lot more components that someone
> building a portal needs to configure besides these.  Sitemap
> components are only uses in Cocoon Portlets.  While each Portal
> request is fired off by the PortalGenerator, it invokes a lot of
> elements that are configured by whoever puts together the portal.

Reading through the portal (I'm no expert here), I can't really
understand what ties the Portal (Pluto, and all that lot), with a
Cocoon block... I think this is more in the ballpark of "components"
rather than Cocoon blocks and pipeline services. But again, I might be
wrong...

Someone care to explain????

	Pier