cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Hunsberger <peter.hunsber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RFC-2396 (Was: Re: [RT] composition vs. inheritance in blocks)
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2005 15:40:50 GMT
On Apr 4, 2005 10:26 AM, Daniel Fagerstrom <danielf@nada.kth.se> wrote:
> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>
> > On 31 Mar 2005, at 01:26, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

<snip/>

> As all URI discussions tend to provoke strong feelings for Stefano, it's
> best to say directly that this question is not important enough for me
> to fight about ;)
>
> But anyway, whether we go for an opaque custom protocol or base the
> block protocol on hierachial URIs we need to get into the specifics for
> the block URI scheme to be able to implement it.
>
> WDYT?

He, he...  The more I look at this the more I wonder if maybe it
really isn't crazy to allow blocks to specify a resolver intercept
scheme.  Just lift the code directly out of mod-rewrite/mod-redirect
and let a block tell Cocoon what URI's have special concerns:

<resolver>match spec</resolver>

then you can go either way...

--
Peter Hunsberger