cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 2.2 Documentation page naming
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:19:33 GMT
Le 11 avr. 05, à 12:02, Upayavira a écrit :

> I've written a script that will convert old 2.1/2.2 documentation into
> the proposed new format. However, because we're switching from a
> hierarchical to a flat naming, we need a mapping between documents. I
> have committed a document that shows my proposed mapping. Please
> comment/correct/update....

I haven't looked in detail yet, but it would be good to keep the "old
path" information to have a traceable history of the move. If your
script could add the old pathnames (like "developing/httprequest.html")
to the meta.xml, for example, it might be useful.

Also, are you planning to use the c21_ prefix convention for old docs?
My idea with the move was to do it in two stages:

a) move somedoc.html to c21_somedoc and add it to the "legacy" tab
b) review c21_somedoc, and if we decide to keep it move it to somedoc
or to a better name

In this way, changes and decisions are traceable in SVN.

This also means that your name mappings are not terribly important at
this stage, it's only in b) that the new name must be well chosen.

-Bertrand