cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Arbogast <sebastien.arbog...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DOCS] Alternative frameworks
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2005 19:00:09 GMT
> I in part like this idea, but the problem is that we become in danger of
> stating our own perceptions, e.g. "Struts is an MVC system", by placing
> our own categorisation over the top. That, really, is what I want to
> avoid as much as possible.

I understand why you can be reluctant to do that but on the other hand
sometimes it's interesting for newbies to read users vision, even if
it's inevitably biased. It's good to be objective but it can be
interesting not to be when it can help people understand faster what
they need.

> However, to see how this might look, and seeing as you appear to have
> some grasp of the field, would you be willing to draft a page that we
> can review?

:-P It's not that I have some grasp of the field. It's just that a few
months ago when I first get in touch with java server-side
development, I didn't find enough "subjective point of views" so the
only solution I had to have a better view of the general context was
to test a few frameworks.
But it's OK I'll try to create a draft of AlternativeFrameworks on wiki...

--
Sebastien ARBOGAST